Find My Horses Presents: Tobiano Color Pattern Information
This page will help you Learn about the Tobiano Color Pattern in horses.
Tobiano (pronounced tow-be-yah-no)
- Usually all four legs have white markings below the hocks and knees
- A dark head with or without facial white (a blaze, strip, star or snip.)
- Spots are regular with distinct round or oval patterns that extend down and over the neck and chest that can give the appearance of a shield
- The tail is often two colors
- White crosses the back between the withers and the dock of the tail
- The dark color usually covers one or both flanks
Here are some photos of Tobiano Horses
Click on the photo to make them larger.
If you have photos of examples of the Tobiano Color Pattern and want to have them added to this page then please contact us.
Please read our Disclaimer.